(as of Jan 22,2021 04:07:40 UTC – Details)
“One of the best guides ever on how to lead a company…the War and Peace of books on corporate leadership.” (Fortune Magazine)
“Both readable and a practical guide for managers.” (The Economist)
Financial Times Business Book of the Year Award 2020 Longlist
From local coffee shops to the largest Fortune 500 companies, everyone is struggling to make the impossible choice between chasing short-term objectives and creating a secure future for their company.
David Cote understood this dilemma and rejected it. And here, he shows you how taking the same revolutionary approach might be the smartest business decision you’ll ever make.
Upon taking his place as CEO of Honeywell International in 2002, he encountered an organization on the verge of failure thanks to years of untrammeled short-termism.
Ultimately, he turned around the rapidly sinking powerhouse plagued with years of in-the-moment decisions, and the outcome was phenomenal. Under Cote’s leadership, Honeywell International’s market cap grew from $20 billion to $120 billion and delivered returns of about 800 percent, two and a half times greater than the S&P 500.
Winning Now, Winning Later reveals the bold the operational reforms and counterintuitive leadership practices you can put into practice that will allow you to do two conflicting things at the same time – pursue strong short- and long-term results. This tested and proven approach can strengthen your business like never before and even rescue it from the brink of disaster no matter how dire the current circumstances may seem.
Offering 10 essential principles for winning both today and tomorrow, this book will help you:
- Spot practices that seem attractive in the short term but will cost the company in the future
- Determine where and how to invest in growth for maximum impact
- Sustain both short-term performance and long-term investments even in challenging times, such as during recessions and leadership transitions
- Feel inspired to stand up to investors and other managers who are solely focused on either short- or long-term objectives
- Step back, think independently, and foster independent thinking among others around you
Presenting a comprehensive solution to a perennial problem, Winning Now, Winning Later is a go-to guide for you and leaders everywhere to finally transcend short-termism’s daily grind and leave an enduring legacy of success.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.