(as of Dec 02,2020 23:36:29 UTC – Details)
—Feel you’re too busy to invest your money?
—Rely on someone else to deal?
—Get bored by financial talk?
—Think that investing is something only men do?
—Worry you’re not smart enough?
Women have made strides in so many areas and yet we still have a blind spot when it comes to managing our money. Why?
A myriad of factors cause women to earn less than men over a lifetime, making it all the more imperative that we make the money we do have work for us as much as possible. And here’s a reality check: as many as nine out of ten of us will have to manage our finances and those of our family at some point in our lives. And a lot of us think that means keeping our money “safe” in savings accounts, and not investing it. But not doing so has an opportunity cost that will lead to opportunities lost—the ability to pay for a college education, own a home, change careers to pursue a dream, or retire.
Alice Finn wants to change how you think about your money, no matter how much or little you have. In Smart Women Love Money, Finn paves the way forward by showing you that the power of investing is the last frontier of feminism. Drawing on more than twenty years of experience as a successful wealth management adviser, Finn shares five simple and proven strategies for a woman at any stage of her life, whether starting a career, home raising children, or heading up a major corporation.
Finn’s Five Life-changing Rules of Investing will secure your financial future:
1. Invest in Stocks for the Long Run: Get the magic of compounding working for you, starting now.
2. Allocate your Assets: Strategize your investing to get the most of your returns.
3. Implement with Index Funds: Take advantage of “passive” investing with simple, low-cost, and diverse funds.
4. Rebalance Regularly: Sell high and buy low without much effort, to keep you on track toward your goals.
5. Keep Your Fees Low: Uncover hidden fees so you don’t lose half of your wealth to Wall Street.
Finn will also provide the tools you need to achieve long-term success no matter what the markets are doing or what the headlines say. So even in the face of uncertainty— such as the possible dumping of the fiduciary rule (requiring financial advisers to act in their client’s best interests) by the Trump administration—Smart Women Love Money will help you protect yourself and all of your assets for your future.