(as of Jan 31,2021 20:03:06 UTC – Details)
Oops, I Became a Manager is focused on best practices for coaching veterinary teams to be successful. It is a thorough reference packed with humorous real-life stories and practical information that can be applied to every veterinary hospital.
Amy Newfield, MS, CVT, VTS (ECC) is a leader in the veterinary industry, a well-respected international lecturer, and author. After Amy “oops, became a manager,” she recognized a gap in the veterinary industry. No matter how many conferences, workshops, books, or podcasts Amy reviewed she struggled to find references that were specific to leading veterinary teams. Drawing on over 20 years of experience in the veterinary profession and a master’s degree in leadership, Amy wrote Oops, I Became a Manager to fill that gap. Oops, I Became a Manager focuses on helping veterinary hospital managers, supervisors, and leaders coach their teams more effectively.
If you are new to a leadership role or have been in one for some time, this book will help you to:
- Determine how to structure your hospital
- Find the right people for manager/supervisor roles
- Create a healthy workplace environment
- Develop a solid new employee orientation program
- Reduce gossip and create positivity
- Reshape the “it’s just a job” mindset to “this is my career and team”
- Learn to delegate and set boundaries
If you’re a new front office supervisor, veterinary technician or nurse manager, medical director, or practice manager you discover how to turn that toxic team into a unicorn team.