points - Details)
Don’t let your fear of finance get in the way of your success.
Can you prepare a breakeven analysis? Do you know the difference between an income statement and a balance sheet? Or understand why a business that’s profitable can still go belly-up? Has your grasp of your company’s numbers helped—or hurt—your career?
Whether you’re new to finance or you just need a refresher, this go-to guide will give you the tools and confidence you need to master the fundamentals, as all good managers must.
The HBR Guide to Finance Basics for Managers will help you:
• Learn the language of finance
• Compare your firm’s financials with rivals’
• Shift your team’s focus from revenues to profits
• Assess your vulnerability to industry downturns
• Use financial data to defend budget requests
• Invest smartly through cost/benefit analysis